Bitcoin: A Swiss Bank for Everyone's Pocket by Andreas M. Antonopoulos

in syndication •  3 years ago 

Screen Shot 20190914 at 6.39.21 PM.png

"In this talk, Andreas examines the morality of technology and the politics of fear, including former President Barack Obama's infamous statement that broad adoption of cryptography and cryptocurrencies would be like having "a Swiss bank account your pocket." He argues that the same fear mongering is being used to target journalists and whistleblowers who use these same tools to expose war crimes.

"This talk was delivered on June 23rd 2019 for the Bitcoin Association Switzerland's meetup in Zürich, Switzerland: https://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Meetup..."

Syndicator's Note:

This is one of my favorite talks that Andreas has given. The idea of having a swiss bank in your pocket is incredible. The future is clearly moving toward not just decentralization, but also privacy of data and transaction capabilities. Having a swiss bank in your pocket means being able to transact in a borderless, free and near fee-less manner.

...Originally Posted on Andreas's Official YouTube Channel

Author Bio:

andreas a. bio.png

"Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a technologist and serial entrepreneur who has become one of the most well-known and respected figures in Bitcoin. He is the author of 'Mastering Bitcoin,' 'The Internet of Money' series, and 'Mastering Ethereum.'"

Steem Account: @aantonop
Twitter Account: aantonop
Official Website: https://aantonop.com/
Support Andreas on Patreon

Steem Account Status: Claimed

Andreas created a Steem account a while back (February 2018) but has not posted regularly on the blockchain.

Similar to nearly every non-Steemian out there, Andreas likely still believes that the Steem blockchain only hosts the Steemit blogging platform. We would love to show him and others that Steem is the home of so many more amazing applications that have nothing to do with Steemit or Steemit, inc.

We believe that syndicating content for amazingly talented creators/educators such as Andreas is the perfect way to showcase what Steem is capable of.

Since Andreas has already claimed the aantonop account, we've set him as the 95% beneficiary (the other 5% is burned to @null) to all the content we syndicate from his YouTube channel to the Steem blockchain. You can view Andreas's Steem wallet at https://steemleo.com/aantonop/transfers.

We would love the opportunity to connect with Andreas and get him cross-posting to the Steem blockchain, so if you'd like to help in that mission, feel free to share our twitter and/or discord with him and his followers.

Andreas also put out a tweet back in February, 2018 confirming his ownership of the @aantonop Steem account.

What is Steemleo Content Syndication?

The Steemleo community is syndicating high-quality financial content from across the internet. We're also creating free Steem accounts for the authors of that content who have not yet discovered the Steem blockchain as a means to monetizing their content and we're listing those accounts as the 100% beneficiaries to all the rewards. If you want to learn more about Steemleo's content syndication strategy, click here.

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  
Loading...

As long as he/she maintains an extremely low profile regarding his/her BTC possessions and there won't be a prolonged internet outage (i.e. due to EMP attacks), owning this digital asset makes perfect sense.